The DHI Method
These are the steps used to perform a successful DHI hair transplant.
- The specialized physician/surgeon or technicians transmit the harvested grafts and donor hair into the implanter Choi pen.
- The graft is inserted gently within the hollow needle, which is positioned at the end of the implanter pen, to be handed back to the specialized physician.
- Subsequently, the needle is inserted at an accurate angle of 40-45 degrees into the scalp by the surgeon. As the incision site is created, the graft is implanted by pressing down on the plunger.
- During a procedure, normally an amount varying from 2-6 Choi implanters and approximately 15-16 needles are concurrently used. They are handed between the physicians and their assistants.
Advantages of the DHI Method
Here are the biggest advantages of DHI hair transplants:
- Reduced time of grafts remaining outside the body, thus ensuring strong and healthy placement of the grafts.
- Excellent hair follicle survival rates.
- Reduced bleeding during the creation of the recipient area.
- Reduced trauma during graft handling. This leads to less damage in the blood supply to the area with implanted hair.
- Faster recovery during the postoperative phase, on both the donor area and recipient site.
- The patient can return back to his/her normal routine quicker.
- The recipient site does not have to be shaved. Thus DHI is a more suitable procedure for people who wish to keep their hair long. Bearing in mind, the donor area does need to be shaved down, and will be done onsite, prior to the follicular unit transplantation.
Disadvantages of the DHI Technique
DHI does have one general disadvantage in comparison to FUE hair transplantation: It costs slightly more. This is because it requires closer attention and accuracy during the procedure. The physician and staff members have endured long-term training in order to specialize in the DHI technique, and thus the expenses are greater than a FUE transplant. However, by comparison to costs overseas, DHI hair transplants in Turkey are still an accessible price, and still promise the highest quality worldwide.
At REGENE MEDICAL GROUP, we perform DHI Hair Transplant method, which provides natural, successful and aesthetically pleasing results.